Wilder guest house exterior
Wilder Guest House was acquired by the University in 1980, and is named in honor of William H. Wilder who served as President of Illinois Wesleyan University from 1888-1898.

Wilder Guest House welcomes guests of IWU and its faculty, staff and students.  Alums are welcome when present for University business.  

The guest facility is an historic, two-story house containing a living room, dining room and kitchen on the first floor, with private sleeping rooms on the first and second floors.  All bedrooms are air-conditioned.  The living room has a television.  The bathrooms (one on the first floor/one on the second floor) are common areas which are shared between guests and are provided with locks for privacy.

In times of crisis or emergency, the facility is used to meet institutional needs, and therefore, the right to cancel or modify reservations that conflict with greater institutional needs is reserved at all times in all cases.

Learn more about the interiors and guest rooms at Wilder Guest House, and the answers to frequently asked questions.