Continue to Support Illinois Wesleyan

Thank you for contributing to your Class Gift!
The Aquascape is going to be a great addition to campus. Please don't make it a parting gift. 
You will soon join 20,000 Illinois Wesleyan alumni and you will continue to play an integral role in the future success of the University. You have loans to pay back and uncertainty ahead. Please lean on the Alumni Association to help you find your way, and please continue to support your alma mater, Illinois Wesleyan. 

How does giving help me?

Everyone who has attended IWU shares the fact that they value education and proved it by investing in an education from Illinois Wesleyan. We all know what a great education IWU provides but the only metric that outside agencies use to assess alumni satisfaction is by measuring the % of alumni who give back annually. Their rational is that satisfied alumni will show their support by making a gift. This metric, the % of alumni donors, is used by U.S. News & World Reports in their college ranking as well as by foundations who award grants. IWU has lost grants and received notice that part of the reason was because of our low alumni giving rate. 

Because you invested in your education from Illinois Wesleyan, it's in your best interest to make sure the value of the degree you earned remains high. Making an annual gift of $5 will count you as a donor and is the easiest way to protect your the value of your degree. 

Join the Wesleyan Society.

The Wesleyan Society recognizes donors who have made gifts (regardless of amount) in two or more consecutive fiscal years. Illinois Wesleyan's fiscal year runs from August 1 - July 31. Having already given to the Class Gift, you will automatically become a member of the Wesleyan Society by making a gift, of any amount anytime between August 1 - July 31. 

As a Wesleyan Society member, you will be mailed an Illinois Wesleyan calendar (you might even be featured in one of the pictures!) and acknowledged in the Annual Report of Donors. Worried you'll forget? Call the Advancement Office today to set up a pledge for August to guarantee your membership in this important club. 


How do my future gifts help Illinois Wesleyan...specifically?

Tuition only covers 70% of IWU's annual operating expenses. The remaining 30% of your education was covered by outside sources, such as gifts from alumni and friends. Students benefit from the alumni gifts. As an alum, it's time to pay it forward for the next generation.