TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM APPLICATION
INSTRUCTIONS for Spring 2012 Applicants
Due Date: Monday, April 2nd, 2012 at 4 p.m.
Who should apply?
Sophomores or juniors who:
- Are enrolled in, or will have completed Education 255 by the end of spring 2012 semester (Educational Studies candidates);
- Are enrolled in, or will have completed Music 132 and the Upper Division interview (Music Education candidates)
And (all candidates):
- Plan to enroll in upper level professional education during the 2012-13 academic year;
- Have passed, or expect to pass all parts of the state Basic Skills exam by April 30th, 2012;
- Meet, or expect to meet all requirements for admission to the TEP by the end of spring 2012 semester and;
- Submitted a student teaching agreement form and resume this February 2012.
Instructions to write your letter of intent, and the assessment rubric, are in pdf format. You can download the latest version of adobe reader here.
|TEP Application Form (fillable pdf)||TEP Letter of Intent Instructions (pdf)|
1. Complete and print the application form, then obtain your major advisor’s signature.
|1. Read the instructions thoroughly.|
|2. Submit the signed form to the Educational Studies Office, CLA 146, by 4 pm, Monday April 2nd.||
2. Carefully study the accompanying assessment rubric. Engage in a self-assessment, consult a writing center tutor, and revise your letter of intent as necessary.
3. Students studying abroad should submit all application materials as attachments to email@example.com. (We will obtain required signatures on your behalf.)
3. Save your letter as a WORD doc, labeling it “last name_TEPintentletter”. (note: letters are blind reviewed—only office personnel will have your name attached to your essay.)
|4. Email your letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm, Monday, April 2nd. Do not submit a paper copy.|
You will learn the status of your application, including your letter of intent, by the end of May 2012.