Center for Engaged Learning
The Center for Engaged Learning is the central hub of programs in which students can
enhance their undergraduate experience through learning beyond the classroom and seek
assistance with developing writing, presentation, and research skills.
Student Success Stories - Meet some of our IWU students and alumni who have been engaged in a wide variety
Support Services for Student Success
Academic Advising Ames Library IT Services Language Resource Center Student Tutors & Peer Advising Writing Center
Engaged Learning Opportunities
Not Your Average Wesleyan
The IWU Action Research Center is dedicated to the relentless pursuit of innovative
ideas that transform communities. Since 2003, ARC has connected the campus and the
community in meaningful ways that create impactful change and address pressing social
If you have an idea, a challenge, an opportunity, or a road block, ARC is a place
to explore solutions and action plans.
Explore the Possibilities!
- Explore possibilities of future careers
- Gain valuable skills and career-related experience
- Apply classroom knowledge to real-world situations
- Establish professional contacts and begin networking
- Possibly earn money, academic credit or a future job offer
Tutoring is for ALL students. At IWU, a plethora of tutors are available to support
all aspects of learning:
- Subject peer tutors provide group and one-on-one tutoring
- The Writing Center provides constructive, discipline-specific guidance on crafting
better papers as well as ESL assistance and Speech tutors
- Student Success Tutors evaluate your learning style and improve your study skills
- The Language Resource Center helps with learning a second language
- And more! Contact the Center for Engaged Learning if you have questions and other
We know that when students experience other cultures,doors to self-realization open to an understanding of what it means to be a global
The International Office supports this commitment by helping students to study abroad,
whether it is for a single semester, a summer term, or a full year. IWU students have
the opportunity to study in hundreds of locations in almost every region of the world.
Our students have the opportunity to do original research at the undergraduate level,
collaborating with faculty who are at the top of their fields.
Because Illinois Wesleyan is an entirely undergraduate institution, students are offered
research and creative opportunities without competition from graduate students. Check
out some of the work that has resulted from faculty mentorship of students in the
IWU Digital Commons.