Freeman Asia Student Experiences
Business, Travel, Art
Mizuno Corporation, Japan
- Sean O'Carroll and Sara Dust share their experience interning in the Global Footwear Product Division and Corporate Communications.
Human Nature, Philippines
Make-a-Difference Travel, Philippines
- Leah Carter (Environmental Intern), Quentin Jackson (Business Administration Intern),
and Emma Darragh (Marketing Intern) highlight their accomplishments from interning with Make-a-Difference Travel.
- Kasie Floden and Savanna Steck share photos from their time in the Philippines with Make-a-Difference Travel.
Shiro Oni Studio, Japan
Monica and Lizette explain their internships with Shiro Oni Stuio - where they maintained the Artist Residency's social media and website
presence, redesigned guide books, and taught taiko drum.
Nathan Addis and Elisabeth Williams enjoyed assisting artists, taking photos and videos, and updating Shiro Oni Studio's Facebook,
Instagram, and website.
- Chase Bandolik and Christina Fitsalos took full advantage of their time in Japan by participating in a Zen Meditation Workshop, learning the history of the tea ceremony, painted and
drew with elementary school kids, and making their own tofu -- all of this in addition
to their internship responsibilities!
So Easy, Japan
St. Scholastia's College, Philippines
Lingnan University, Hong Kong
Akita International University, Japan
Kanda University, Japan
Technos College, Japan
Yonsei University, South Korea
Aoyama Gakuin University
Danielle Ponsot, Caleb Hansen, and Dareana Roy helped teachers in elementary school, middle school, and high school classrooms,
as well as guiding English conversation for the University students and teaching them
about American culture.
International Rice Research Institute, Philippines
Food and Nutrition Research Institute, DOST, Philippines
Kathryn Hoffacker, McKenzie Lindquist, Mimi Nguyen, and Marcia Rolofson interned in the Nutrition Assessment and Monitoring Division and conducted fieldwork
in the Philippines through this opportunity.
Sean Ly used his blog to reflect on how much he's grown and learned through his internship
in the Knowledge Diffusion division.
Anaol Dalle and Michael O'Neill share about the culture, challenges, and work they did in the Philippines.
Randi Wilson & Ross Hettinger wrote 32 info bits and 2 press releases, worked to develop educational materials
for teachers, and traveled to expos and business fairs as interns in the Knowledge
Diffusion arm of FNRI.
Second Harvest, Japan
World Friendship Center, Japan
Natalie Kuca and Jovana Milosevic took away life-changing moments and lessons after interning at WFC.
While working at the World Friendship Center, Ziyao (Mirabelle) Chen learned about what brings people to WFC and Hiroshima, and what helped the victims
of the A-bomb to get through the hardest time and to regain hope.
Josie Blumberg and Lindsey Peters
assisted with English classes, prepped guestrooms, and visited the nursing home --
all while also researching Global Environmental Sustainability and Asian Development
Spring 2017 and Public Opinion Regarding Nuclear Power.
Friends of Earth, Japan
- As an intern at Friends of the Earth (an environmental, non-governmental organization),
Ruihan Li assisted the staff, translated documents, and focused on the nuclear project.
EarthRights International, Thailand
- At EarthRights International, Tera Wilson and Eva Nautiyal led and supported English classes, developed lesson plans, completed a graphic design
project, conducted advocacy research, and conducted cultural research.
Mission for Migrant Workers, Hong Kong
- While interning at Mission for Migrant Workers, Adna Mujović and Shaela Phillips recorded detailed chronologies of clients' situations, wrote letters to the Immigration
Department/Labour Department, computed monetary claims, took statements, and accompanied
clients to hearings at the Labour Tribunal.
Filip Duda and Sydney Rowley volunteered a major outreach events, facilitated home safety, first aid, and elderly
care training sessions, completed case work, and so much more as interns at Mission
for Migrant Workers.
Olivia Heffernan shared photos of her time as an intern at Mission for Migrant Workers.
Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm, Philippines
Mekong Migration Network, Thailand
Amber Gauthier and Haila Hassan worked on The Roles of Country of Origin Project and Social Economic Zones & Garment
Industry Research Project while interning at Mekong Migration Network.