Titan Leadership Program
The Titan Leadership Program occurs each Spring Semester. The application process takes place the preceding Fall Semester starting around the beginning of November and applicants to the program are notified of their acceptance to the program just before Winter Break. Applications for the program will be posted here to be completed online when the application process begins in the Fall.
TLP is designed to engage program participants in experiences that allow them to discover, develop, implement, evaluate, and reflect upon skills and competencies associated with leadership. Program activities will synergize with the participants' ongoing campus involvement as individuals explore their values, and how they can apply their strengths to help and lead others.
The Titan Leadership Program kicks off with an all day retreat scheduled for January 11th, 2015. The retreat takes place at Davis Lodge, Hudson, IL near Lake Bloomington. Transportation is provided. The lodge is chilly in the winter so dress in warm layers.
All meetings are in Hansen Room 200 @ 4pm
January 14th, January 28th, Feb 11th, Feb 25th, March 4th, March 18th, April 1st, and April 8th.
Through participation in the Titan Leadership Program, students will:
- Clarify individual leadership values, and assess personal and professional values related to leadership & character
- Think critically about their organizational structures, one’s role, and how to effectively communicate with others
- Understand inclusive leadership as relational, and develop a stronger connection to university professionals and peers
- Create a series of personal, professional, and organizational leadership goals
- Learn interpersonal and leadership skills (running meetings, managing conflict, organization, time management, motivation for others/self) that will extend beyond college leadership experiences
- Reflect on experiences and perceptions of leadership
The following activities will create a space for attainment of program outcomes:One-time activities: 1) Leadership Retreat 2) Leadership Challenge 3) Shared readings 4) Graduation Ceremony 5) Mid-Semester Half Day Retreat Ongoing activities: 6) Leadership training sessions 7) Individual discussion and goal setting session with the Director of Student Activities and Leadership Programs 8) Monthly meetings with “Leadership Mentors,” IWU faculty, students & staff
If you are a sophomore or junior and interested in applying to the Titan Leadership Program, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.