Finance Minor for Non-Accounting Majors
This minor in finance is designed for students who major in disciplines other than
accounting, business administration, finance, international business, or marketing.
It offers students in non-business fields an opportunity to complement their major,
and broaden learning experiences and professional opportunities by providing training
in financial topics and analysis.
▷ An additional option for a finance minor is available for accounting majors.
The finance minor helps students create value in any type of business, non-profit,
or government organization.
Minor Sequence in Finance
A minimum of six courses to include:
1) Accounting 112, Finance 303, Economics 227
2) Three additional finance courses chosen from the following list:
- Financial Statement Analysis (FIS 305)
- Investments (FIS 309)
- Portfolio Management (FIS 409)
- Special Topics in Finance (FIS 370). May be repeated for different topics
- Risk Management/ Property-Liability Insurance (FIS 304)
- Life Health/Social Insurance (FIS 307)
- Seminar in Finance (FIS 300) May be repeated for different topics