Liberal Arts Philosophy
The Liberal Arts at Illinois Wesleyan
A liberal arts education at Illinois Wesleyan allows our students to discover the interconnectedness of knowledge through a challenging course of study beyond their majors.
We place emphasis on developing their
- Critical thinking and communications skills,
- Strengthening their cultural literacy, and
- Helping them to become more globally aware and ethically grounded.
Illinois Wesleyan prides itself on producing graduates who are
- Broadly educated individuals with a spirit of inquiry, who can successfully
- Adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing and complex world.