Campus Weekly is published biweekly during the summer
Through Aug. 10
Merwin and Wakeley Galleries, Joyce Eichhorn Ames School of Art -- Art Exhibits -- The exhibit "Ground" features work by artists Robert Fifield, Claire Hedden and Doug Johnson. Summer gallery hours are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 12-3 p.m.
Thursday, July 11
• 8:30-10:30 p.m., Fairview Family Aquatic Center (800 N. Main St., Normal) -- IWU Night at Fairview -- The Faculty and Staff Recognition Committee have reserved the Fairview Family Aquatic Center, which will be open with free admission exclusively for Illinois Wesleyan faculty, staff and their families.
Sunday, July 14
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Illinois Chamber Music Festival -- A faculty/guest artist performance will feature the Klughardt Trio for oboe, viola and piano.
Wednesday, July 17
• 2 p.m., Hansen Student Center -- Ice Cream Social -- The Faculty and Staff Recognition Committee invites all faculty and staff to an Ice Cream Social. (Sugar-free ice cream will be available.)
Thursday, July 18
• 7:30 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Illinois Chamber Music Festival -- A faculty/guest artist performance will feature the Mozart Kegelstatt Trio for clarinet, viola and piano.
Saturday, July 20
• 3 p.m., Westbrook Auditorium, Presser Hall -- Illinois Chamber Music Festival -- Students will perform.
Monday, July 22
• 11 a.m., El Paso Golf Club -- 19th Annual IWU Wellness Golf Tournament -- Open to IWU faculty, staff, students, spouses, family and friends.
> See summer hours for campus facilities, including dining locations, The Ames Library, Shirk Center and Fort Natatorium.
> Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
Summer Camps & Conferences
> A variety of organizations will be our guests at campus facilities this summer. See a schedule. (Click on any event to see information about facilities used and likely parking locations for visitors.)
Wireless Network Upgrade
Network Services is in the process of upgrading and replacing the existing "IWU-Wireless" service with a new "IllinoisWesleyan" wireless service. This process will continue throughout the summer until all existing "IWU-Wireless" equipment has been replaced with new and improved wireless network equipment.
ITS personnel will make rounds through each building, advising building occupants the upgrade is taking place, to help keep wireless access interruptions to a minimum.
To access the new "IllinoisWesleyan" wireless network, follow these simple steps:
1.) Open up your network connections and select the "IllinoisWesleyan" SSID.
2.) Enter your NetID and password.
3.) If you are asked to accept the validity of a Certificate, click OK, Accept or Continue.
(Mac OSX users may wish to follow further steps to simplify future connections.)
Thank you for your patience and consideration during this exciting project. For more information, see the ITS Website, the ITS blog, or call the ITS Helpdesk at ext. 3900.
• Isaac Funk Professor of German and Russian and Director of International Studies Marina Balina was an invited speaker at the conference "Space of Memory: Auto/biographical Genres in Russian Culture and the European Context" at the University of Padova, Italy. She gave a talk on post-Soviet childhood memoirs.
- On May 14, gave a lecture at the University of Hamburg, Germany, entitled "Zwischen Identität und Selbstdarstellung: Jüdische Kindheit in der post-sowjetischen Literatur."
- On June 14, presented a paper entitled "Playing History with Post-Soviet Children: Russia's National History as a Game of Image and Text" at the 40th Annual Children's Literature Association Conference at the University of Southern Mississippi.
• Karen Zander '70, principal and co-owner of The Center for Case Management, will be the keynote speaker at a Care Management workshop on July 10 at University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Clemens '13 Named Academic All-American
Tara Clemens '13 has been elected to the second team of the Capital One Academic All-American women's track & field/cross country squads, becoming Wesleyan's 115th Academic All-American athlete.
• Recent graduates Brittany Levens and Rebecca Candra and Amy Seter '15 have been chosen as All-American Scholars for 2012-13 by the Women's Golf Coaches Association.
> Find more highlights at
Titans In The News
McLean County shows an improving economy, explained by Busey Bank Vice Chairman Ed Scharlau during an event at Illinois Wesleyan. Also reported by WGLT Radio, WMBD TV and The Pantagraph.
The Paris Blog
Miranda Crispin '00 teaches at the American Conservatory L'Ecole Koenig in Paris, and is starring in "The Last Five Years" at L'Auguste Theatre.
The 10th Illinois Volunteer Cavalry will camp on The Ames Library lawn during a commemoration of the150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg on July 20-21.
Janet Hamm '73 has resurrected the Morgan County Republican Women's Club, with a goal of informing and mobilizing voters.
Leroy Farmer City Press
Mark Edmundson '90 is returning to his role as head coach for boys' basketball at LeRoy High School.
> More Titans in the News
Remember the Eckley Quad one year ago? It was hard to believe it would ever be green again.
It certainly is -- and so is the heating and cooling system at State Farm Hall. See photos before & after.
> Visit the GREENetwork blog.
19th Annual Wellness Golf Tournament
Monday, July 22
El Paso Golf Club
The deadline for pre-registration has been extended until July 15.
New Faces, New Places
• James Blumberg started work June 24 as director of Physical Plant, replacing Bud Jorgenson, who retired.
• Karen Bunker started work June 24 as office coordinator II in the Registrar's Office, replacing Kelly Krzemienski, who became the data information specialist in the Registrar's Office on March 21, replacing Talley Gentry. Talley became the assistant registrar on April 1. This position was reopened due to office restructuring.
> Find current IWU job openings.
Goal: $125 million
Progress: $114.16 million
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Office of Communications, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, or to unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.