Tuesday, March 12-Friday, March 15
Offices will close at 4 p.m. daily during spring break.
Thursday, March 14
• 12:10-12:40 p.m., McLean County Museum of History (200 N. Main St., Bloomington) -- Lunch and Learn -- Adjunct faculty member Cecilia Sanchez will present "Genres in Latin American Music." She will discuss music from the countries of Venezuela, Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and perform selections from these countries using representative instruments.
Monday, March 18
• 12 p.m., Davidson Room, Memorial Center -- Faculty Non-Org -- Director of Government and Community Relations Carl Teichman will share details on the Multicultural Leadership Program within the Bloomington-Normal community.
• 12 p.m., Henning Room, Memorial Center -- Candidate Open Forum -- Faculty and staff are invited to an open forum to meet the first of four candidates for Director of Physical Plant.
Subsequent forums are scheduled:
- Thursday, March 21, 12 p.m., Davidson Room
Monday, March 25, 12 p.m., Henning Room
Thursday, March 28, 12 p.m., Davidson Room
• 7 p.m., CNS C101 -- Nature Photography with Tom Ulrich -- Renowned nature photographer Tom Ulrich will give a presentation including the nature of Alaska, Africa and Glacier National Park, with a special feature on bird migration in south Texas.
Find more events on the Campus Calendar.
• Sara M. Costello '10, Thomas B Sobyra '14 and Adjunct faculty member James E. House published "Iodine as a Probe for Demonstrating Solvatochromism" in The Chemical Educator, 2013, Vol. 18, p. 54-56.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
Tommy's & Hattie's Closed During Spring Break
Tommy's and Hattie's in the Hansen Student Center will be closed during spring break.
Instead, Sodexo will open the Coffee Shoppe and DugOut in the Memorial Center for limited hours.
See spring break facility hours, including hours for The Ames Library, Shirk Center and Fort Natatorium.
WANTED! Titan Orientation Leaders
Last year's Turning Titan New Student Orientation saw some major changes to the schedule. It required that we increase our Orientation Leader staff team to 45 students. This fall, we have an even more ambitious goal: 70 Titan Orientation Leaders (TOLs)
TOLs are the "Face of IWU" for our incoming students and parents, and the Office of Orientation Services would like that face to be representative of our entire community. As faculty and staff, this is where you come in! If you know students who would be great at building connections with incoming students, or you have students you want to see develop those skills, cut and paste this short message into an email, on your Facebook page or Twitter account and help get the word out:
The Office of Orientation Services has begun their search for Titan Orientation Leaders for Turning Titan 2013! Here is the link to the application:
They are looking for energetic leaders that can represent the best that IWU has to offer. I know you've got what it takes!
We are currently working to finalize the Fall 2013 Orientation schedule and will make sure to share it with the community once it has been completed. More information will follow after spring break. Thank you all, in advance, for your support in building the 2013 TOL team. It takes a village!
- Terrance Bond, Office of Orientation Services
Reminder: 2012 Flexible Spending Submission Deadlines
If you have a remaining balance in your 2012 Flexible Spending account, there are some deadlines you will want to consider:
March 15, 2013 - Deadline to incur expenses to use toward your 2012 balance
April 30, 2013 - Deadline for BPC to receive your requests for reimbursement
You can check your balance by contacting BPC at 1-800-355-2350 or by logging on to your account at www.bpcinc.com.
All Flex requests for reimbursement should be submitted to BPC. Submissions can be made online through the BPC website or by mail. If you need a reimbursement form, an electronic form can be found on the BPC website and hard copies are available in the Human Resources Office.
Baldwin '13 Named ACS Scholar
Chemistry major Neil Baldwin '13 will be honored as one of five Illinois Heartland Section American Chemical Society (ACS) Collegiate Scholars.
The men's basketball team defeated Washington University in the second round of the NCAA Division III Tournament in St. Louis on Saturday. The Titans advance to the Sweet Sixteen, facing North Central in Naperville on Saturday, March 16.
Find highlights at www.iwusports.com
Titans In The News
The on-campus student apartments at Illinois Wesleyan will open next fall, and 95 of their 96 spaces are already filled.
> More Titans in the News
Saturday, March 23
The campus community is invited to participate in Earth Hour 2013 by turning off nonessential lights and equipment for one hour, in a symbolic effort to raise awareness about how energy efficiency and conservation can help reduce the impacts of global climate change.
> Visit the GREENetwork blog.
The Expo's FREE-4-ALL
Don't throw it away! Give it away!
In the tradition of Ecology Action Center's semi-annual FREE-4-ALL, we will be creating an opportunity to give away your unwanted stuff and to take what you like -- for free.
Here are the rules:
- Household Items -- Knick-knacks, lamps, vases, paintings, prints etc. Items must be clean and in good condition.
No large furniture.
Men's & women's clothing. (Adult sizes only. Clothes must be clean and in good shape.)
For the Kids -- FREE-4-ALL Toy Giveaway!
Bring in your gently used toys to give away to others. Toys must be in good shape (no missing pieces) and clean.
Please bring items that deserve a second life to the Wellness Office by Friday, April 5.
Contact us with questions or if you need help with pick-up, ext. 3334 or email@example.com.
Donated items will be available at the Illinois Sustainable Living & Wellness Expo
on Saturday, April 13
9 a.m.-4 p.m.,
> Find current IWU job openings.
Goal: $125 million
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Office of Communications, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, or to unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.