Mark Your Calendar for These 2013 Events:
• The 23rd annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Gospel Festival will be Monday, Jan. 21.
• Also on Jan. 21, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Teach-In will explore a social justice theme — this year, the topic will be prison reform and human rights.
• The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Fellowship Dinner will be Sunday, Jan. 27.
• Founders' Day Convocation will be Wednesday, Feb. 27 (a date change from the previously released Academic Calendar.)
Speaker Allen Guelzo, the Henry R. Luce Professor of the Civil War Era at Gettysburg College, will commemorate the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Promote Your Event
The Office of Communications produces news releases and maintains an Events Calendar to help inform the campus community and the public about events. If you plan events this spring, please share your information with us in any of the following ways:
1) Submit your information online.
2) Send information (or a link, if the details are on your website) to email@example.com. Please include the event title, date, time, location, sponsor, contact information and description.
3) While the online Events Calendar does not replace R25 in scheduling a room, you can share event information as you make your R25 reservation request by selecting the resource "publicity" so that the Communications Office is notified. Be sure to include an event description and verify that the event time (vs. setup time) is reflected accurately.
Writing in BBC News Magazine for its series on historical figures whose disability has been overlooked, Professor and Chair of Physics Linda French dispelled myths and explored the accomplishments of the 18th century astronomer John Goodricke, who was deaf.
> Find faculty publications and research and creative activity on the University website or Digital Commons @ IWU.
The women's basketball team won the Wartburg Tournament in Waverly, Iowa.
Find highlights at www.iwusports.com
The GREENetwork is a volunteer group of students, staff and faculty who meet regularly to discuss the status of sustainability on our campus, celebrate the improvements that are being made, and look for new ways to increase efforts across the University.
All are invited to take part. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive meeting notices when the spring schedule is determined.
> Visit the GREENetwork blog.
Register for Spring Classes
Spring 2013 activity classes begin today (Wednesday, Jan. 2). Don't forget to register online.
You will need your IWU login ID and password to register. If you have an immediate family member who would like to participate who has not yet registered for fitness classes online, please have them contact email@example.com. If you have further questions, contact Wellness at ext. 3334.
Aqua Classes, Anyone?
There has been some recent interest in reviving the aqua fitness classes that were offered in the past. New classes might include deep-water aerobics, shallow water conditioning, and swimming lessons for various ages and skill levels.
However, before we offer any new aqua classes, we would like to gauge the interest of those we serve. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the options listed above, or if you have further suggestions. There may be opportunities for noon-hour classes and classes at 6:15 p.m. on specific nights of the week. If you have a preference for noon or evening please let us know, as well as the day(s) of the week you would prefer.
Campus Weekly is an electronic newsletter from Illinois Wesleyan's Office of Communications, edited by Ann Aubry, assistant director for electronic communications. To submit items of interest, or to unsubscribe, email email@example.com.