Applying to Study Abroad
Once you’ve made the decision to study abroad, the work begins -- but the effort you put forth during the application and acceptance stages is more than rewarded by the experiences you will have in your host country.
Here, then, is a short checklist for the application process:
- Explore the program options.
- Make an appointment to talk with someone in the International Office.
- Talk with referees: provide them with required forms and envelopes pre-addressed to the International Office, Memorial Center 167. Do this at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Talk with Financial Aid about your current aid package.
- Complete and submit IWU Study Abroad Application.
- Complete and submit the program application.
- Complete and submit scholarship applications.
- Submit IWU and program applications to the International Office by the appropriate
October 1 for spring study abroad (except IWU Spain)
March 1 fall, summer, and academic-year study abroad (except IWU London and Pembroke)
early January for Pembroke Program
February 1 for IWU London Program
April 15 for IWU Spain Program
- Before the Pre-Departure Orientation meeting, download and complete the required pre-departure forms.