Applying to Study Abroad
Once you’ve made the decision to study abroad, the work begins -- but the effort you put forth during the application and acceptance stages is more than rewarded by the experiences you will have in your host country.
Here, then, is a short checklist for the application process:
- Explore the program options.
- Make an appointment to talk with someone in the International Office.
- Talk with referees: provide them with required forms and envelopes pre-addressed to the International Office, CLA 324. Do this at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Talk with Financial Aid about your current aid package.
- Complete and submit the appropriate IWU Study Abroad Application (under the Forms section).
- Complete and submit the program application.
- Complete and submit scholarship applications.
- Submit IWU and program applications to the International Office by the appropriate deadline:
- Early January for Pembroke Program
- February 1 for IWU London Program
- March 1 for all other fall, summer, and academic-year study abroad
- April 15 for IWU Spain Program
- October 1 for all other spring study abroad programs
- Before the Pre-Departure Orientation meeting, download and complete the required pre-departure forms.