IWU Community Expectations
Each member of the residence hall community is expected to abide by common standards of behavior. The following credo articulates those standards through a first person pledge:
As a Member of This Community...
- I will respect the dignity of all persons. I will not demean individuals or groups by insulting, intimidating, harassing, or discriminating. I will strive to learn from and respect differences in people, ideas and opinions.
- I will strive for personal integrity and support the academic endeavor.
- I will demonstrate concern for others, for their feelings, and for their need to be supported in their academic and personal development.
- I will respect the rights and property of others.
- I will do all in my power to see that the residence hall is kept clean and attractive, knowing that such an environment is essential to both physical and mental health.
- I will respect the common areas of the building that are used by all residents. I will not damage university property, remove lounge furniture, or smoke in any common area.
I expect all members to abide by these community guidelines and to strive for high moral and ethical standards. I have the right and the responsibility to voice my opinion and concerns to any individual who disregards these tenets for community living.