All fall incoming students receive an IWU Orientation Welcome packet upon confirming intentions to enroll. This packet includes a welcome letter from Orientation Services, IWU email address with MyIWU login information from Information Technology Services, and medical health forms to get you started.
Also included in this packet is our Pre-Orientation Checklist envelope (pictured here). This checklist includes three major areas:
Below are the checklist items, along with details about each item and links to IWU webpages for more information. Use your checklist envelope to hold important paperwork from IWU all summer.
Students who complete all required actions by August 15th (or the listed due date) will be placed in a drawing with the grand prize of a free semester of books! The raffle will take place during the Titan Kick-Off Event, Tuesday, August 20th!
Immediate Action Items
The immediate action list are items that can be completed upon receiving the Orientation packet. Information is either included in the packet or available on the IWU website.
Login to MyIWU and change initial password
- The ITS Letter includes details on how to login to my.iwu.edu.
- IWU has an easy password change webpage: passchange.iwu.edu.
- Once change, IWU does not have access to your password and will never ask you for it.
- Misplaced or forgotten passwords can be reset by contacting our ITS Support Hotline.
Complete housing agreement and roommate preferences form through the MyHousing Portal
- One of the first email messages received by incoming students is from the Office of Residential Life detailing the housing process.
- ORL has a dedicated page on their website with You Tube videos for help with the MyHousing Portal.
- Students are able to provide hall preference, meal plan selection, and living preferences through this process.
Complete the My Student Body Survey
- Before registering for housing, incoming students are required to complete the My Student Body Program.
- The My Student Body program is designed to help incoming students process their understanding and beliefs surrounding alcohol use, drug use, and sexual violence.
- Students can create an account on mystudentbody.com using the school code "TITAN."
Submit Academic and Housing/Meal Plan Accommodations documentation (if applicable)
- Students with needs for support services, academic accommodations, or special housing or dining requests through the Disability Services Office.
- Students can learn more about available housing accommodations on the ORL website.
- Please download the appropriate forms and submitting them to your physician as necessary.
Spring Action Items
The spring action list includes items that can be completed during the spring term, but may not be immediately available when Orientation packets initially begin mailing mid-January. PLEASE NOTE: Although the Spring term has passed, it's not too late to complete the action times. We encourage students to complete these items as soon as possible.
Submit New Student Job Participation Agreement (if applicable)
- Students who are offered work-study as part of the financial aid packet have the Job Participation Agreement mailed in June.
- Students who are not eligible for work-study positions are also able to work on campus, however the opportunities are limited.
Job openings and work-study forms can be found on the Student Employment page.
- Students can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (309/556-3411) completed forms.
Download/View Orientation Guidebook
Guidebook is a mobile app designed to bring the most important information about Orientation straight to your phone, without having to search the IWU webpages.
- Daily schedules for New Student Orientation, Pre-Orientation and Parent Orientation programs are all available for review.
- Mobile app users are able to create a personalized schedule of events. For individuals who would prefer to view the guide on a computer, the Orientation Guidebook page has been designed with the guide embedded.
Purchase Summer Reading Program book Outcasts United by Warren St. John
- The Summer Reading program is an opportunity for incoming students to engage with faculty, staff, current students and community leaders.
is the story of a refugee soccer team, a remarkable woman coach and a small southern town turned upside down by the process of refugee resettlement (taken from web site).
- The Advising and Summer Reading Committee has also compiled a list of questions to help guide participants during reading.
Submit Final High School Transcript
- One of the more commonly forgotten items from incoming students is their final high school transcript.
- Make sure to send in mail or fax your official transcript at the end of the school year.
Summer Action Items
Once the University closes in May, departments across campus begin to shift gears and information for our incoming class is sent more frequently. The summer actions are items which will be made available in June or July.
Register for Parent Orientation (June 22nd - optional)
Parent Orientation is a one day event for the parents and guardians of the incoming class of Illinois Wesleyan University students which includes opportunities to meet IWU faculty, staff, and orientation leaders.
The day is filled with, keynote and educational sessions and a chance to experience Illinois Wesleyan first hand.
for the one day event. Our 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
are also available.
Confirm Housing Assignment and Meal Plan through the MyHousing Portal (July 19th)
Complete Pre-Registration Form for confirmation of major and Gateway course preferences (July 19th)
Complete the online
IWU Pre-registration Questionnaire
confirming major declaration, ranking Gateway Colloquia preferences, and indicating second language interest.
Based on your Gateway Colloquia registration, you will be assigned a First-Year Advisor which will help advise you on registering for your first semester of classes during Turning Titan: New Student Orientation at an individual set time given to you when you move in.
Submit Medical History and Immunization documentation (August 1st)
Complete the IWU New Student Survey (August 2nd)
Illinois Wesleyan is participating in a national survey conducted by the Higher Education Research Institution regarding student’s opinions on items relevant to the impact of college. Incoming students have received an email with a personalized link to the survey that generates a unique ID number, entering participants into a Apple iPad mini drawing!
- Deadline for the survey is August 2nd, so fill out your survey TODAY!
Pre-Register for Orientation Activities (Mission Day, Class Banner)
Submit Health Insurance Waiver (August 30th)
Participation in the Hard Waiver Plan is required unless a
is completed at
prior to August 30th.
Learn more about
IWU health plan.
Emergency Contact Information
- Login to MyIWU and set your emergency contact information. Watch a video of how to complete the emergency contact information.
- Add additional phone numbers and to select text messaging options are available.