Illinois Wesleyan University founded.
|1879||Department of Music established with regular course offerings.|
|1884||First music graduate (diploma).|
|1884||Conservatory of Music established with regular course offerings.|
|1890||College of Music established as a result of the combining of the Conservatory of Music with the Illinois College of Music.|
|1914||College of Music name changed to School of Music.|
|1920||Music Education (Public School Music) program established.|
|1921||First Bachelor of Music degree granted.|
|1922||Dr. Arthur E. Westbrook appointed first Dean of the School of Music.|
|1927||Bachelor of Music Education Degree program established.|
|1929||School of Music accepted as a Full Member of the National Association of Schools of Music.|
|1939||Music Library established.|
|1947||College of Fine Arts established at Illinois Wesleyan University.|
|1950||Bachelor of Sacred Music Degree program established.|
Music Library moved to Presser Hall; Symposium of Contemporary Music established.
|1954||European Field Study program in music established.|
|1973||Alice Millar Center for the Fine Arts completed.|
|1976||Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music Theatre established.|
Bachelor of Arts in Arts Management and Bachelor of Music in Piano Pedagogy degrees established.
|1979||Dedication of Thorpe Music Library.|
|1984||Dedication of Evelyn Chapel.|
|1986||Music Scholarship program enacted.|
|1988||Westbrook Auditorium renovation completed.|
Installation of Computer Music Center and Electronic Piano Lab; acquisition of new Steinway concert grand for Westbrook Auditorium.
|1994||Opening of Music Theory Computer Lab|
|2001||The Thorpe Music Library is moved to the new Ames Library.|