The Ames Library provides poster printing for students, faculty and staff to print quality color posters for classroom presentations, poster sessions and conferences. Poster printing is for academic use only.
If you would like to incorporate University logos or marks into your poster, you must use University Communications approved images. Please see their guidelines for more information and images that you can download.
You may submit your poster request electronically by filling out the Poster Request Form and then e-mailing your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (If charging to a department please fill in the 12 digit account number)
24" wide - $4.00
36" wide - $5.00
42" wide - $6.00
Additional length - $1.00 per foot
Poster Printing Guidelines
- Read our Poster Design Guide for tips on setting up a poster in Power Point.
- Posters should be complete and formatted correctly before being submitted for printing - staff will NOT make changes to design elements.
Posters are printed by advance request only - please allow up to 2 business days Posters are printed during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday only
- Please submit your form and file(s) electronically. You will be notified by e-mail when your poster is ready for pick-up at the Circulation Desk.
- Material on posters must be
, in the public domain, or you have permission to use. You are responsible for poster content and seeking permission to use if applicable.
Patrons are expected to pay for or provide an account number (IWU 12 digit) to which the posters may be charged when they are picked up.
Resources for Creating Posters
Pointers for Setting up Your Poster
- The library uses 42, 36 and 24 inch wide paper rolls. Either the width or length of the poster may not exceed 42, 36 and 24 inches respectively. The opposite direction may not exceed 48"
- Different color printers print in different shades and do not always match to the computer monitor
- Posters that will be laminated may not be more the 24" wide