The Ames Library welcomes the use of our spaces by the Illinois Wesleyan University community, whether it is for instructional or non-instructional activities, such as meetings, education movies related to classroom activities or informal gatherings.
Groups are welcome to schedule events and meet routinely at the library. We encourage professors to use the many unique spaces creatively and often. We do ask professors not to use the library as the primary classroom space.
You may now use Resource25 to schedule events in the following spaces:
- Instruction Lab (Room 129) - 26 workstations and projection capabilities
- Meeting Room 214 - Seats 12 - 16 and has computer/projection capabilities
- Beckman Auditorium - Seats 70 people and is equipped with projection capabilities (including 16mm & 35mm slide), computer, overhead, DVD & VHS players, audio cassette (recording & playback), turntable and wireless microphones (handheld/lavalier)
- Lower Level Rotunda Area - 16 seats - open area
- First Floor Rotunda Area - 3 seats - open area
If you have any special needs or requests for these rooms:
To schedule the following rooms please contact the Help@Ames Desk at (309) 556-3350.
- Designed for group work these 4 rooms seat 6-8 people
- Located next to the Information Commons on the entry level and in the Thorpe Center
- Each room is equipped with a networked computer and projection capabilities
- The Thorpe Center is located on the 3rd floor.
- Individuals can listen to compact discs, audio cassette tapes, phonograph recordings, and view videocassettes.
- There is one fully equipped sound proof group Listening Room that can be scheduled
To schedule the following rooms please contact Katy Ritter at (309) 556-3172.
The Ames Plaza
- Located between the McPherson Theatre and The Ames Library.
- Available for events such as music performances, student displays, and other activities.
- Electrical outlets are available.
Bates & Merwin Reading Room
- This circular space is located on the fourth floor.
- Pocket doors can be closed to provide an intimate space for special occasions.
- The Minor Myers jr. Honors Collection is housed in this room.
- The Bates & Merwin Reading Room is surrounded by 16 stained glass panels from Pembroke College.
- The Roof Garden is an elevated outdoor area.
- It overlooks the park-like setting on the south side of the library.
- This space can be reserved for special university events.
This service is maintained by The Ames Library. Please
with any problems or suggestions.
Last revised: August 23, 2012