STAGE ELECTRICIAN - SCHOOL OF THEATRE ARTS
Part-time – 20 hours per week August – May
- Extended knowledge of electrical trade typically acquired through completion of specialty program and six months related experience.
- Understanding of the collaborative theatrical process of design and production.
- Strong communication/interaction skills with sensitivity to working with students.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A secondary expertise in stage sound technology or other theatrical technical areas is highly desirable.
- Primary interpretation of the lighting designers plot (stage design planning document). Interpretation includes stage instrument inventory and repair.
- Active collaborative interaction with the faculty lighting designer expected.
- Hanging, cabling, focusing, color filter insertion of said instruments a major expectation.
- Instruct and guide IWU theatre students in the aforementioned process.
- Process rental and procurement of additional stage and effects lighting equipment for the plot.
- Assist with programming a computerized lighting control console (computerized control board manufactured by ETC).
- Plan for and run the strike of the lighting plot and restoration of repertory lighting plot in the EMJK Laboratory Theatre upon the completion of performance run.
- Two weeks prior to tech rehearsals are scheduled for more than 20 hours per week
Apply in person between the hours of 8-11:30 am and 1-3:30 pm no later than August 9, 2013 at:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Final candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual violence policy may be accessed at:
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence