This part-time Cheerleading Coach is responsible choreographing and teaching cheer routines to the cheerleading squad. The Coach is responsible for setting and conducting practice times after academic classes and supervising the team any time the team performs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Training and experience in cheerleading and choreography.
- Excellent communication, managerial, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of rules for both the NCAA and Illinois Wesleyan University in all aspects as it relates to the position.
- Current AACCA safety certification.
- Choreographs and coaches spirit routines to enhance fan involvement at athletic events and to ensure safety and compliance with regulations.
- Recruits, selects and trains and develops cheer squad and provides educationally-centered feedback.
- Sets and conducts practice and performance times.
- Assists with the management of the cheerleading budget/account.
- Maintains equipment, including uniforms.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for cheerleaders.
- Enforce team expectations (missed practices/games, tardiness, unsportsmanlike or unprofessional conduct, etc).
- Establish and implement safety and risk management policies and protocols.
- Attends cheerleading camp with the team each summer.
Work hours vary by season, but generally include night and weekend responsibilities. Position is paid hourly for an average of 15 hours/week from September – April with some hours in the summer for camp preparation and attendance.
Download the application at http://www.iwu.edu/iwujobs/application.pdf and send to email@example.com or apply in person between the hours of 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-4:00 p.m. no later than September 24, 2013. Final candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual violence policy may be accessed at:
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence