Assistant Technical Director/Scene Shop Supervisor – School of Theatre Arts
- Broad knowledge of basic theories and principles, concepts and methodology of a general professional or specialized technical field; typically acquired through a relevant baccalaureate education program.
- Three to four years’ experience and on-the-job training (preferably in a scene shop, while teaching and supervising student work crews).
- Proficiency in word processing computer program.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication/interaction skills, with sensitivity to office protocol in working with a diverse constituency.
- Supervises student labor crews of up to 60 enrolled per term, including teaching students safety protocols in the scene shop.
- Plans scenicconstruction including acquisition of materials.
- Performs stage carpentry and welding as needed.
- Builds scenery and properties and paints as needed.
- Maintains the scene shop facilities and tools.
- Collaborates on construction documents.
- Supervises special day work calls during technical and dress rehearsals, (e.g., painting, properties, and scenery).
- Prepares the stage for the show such as hanging curtains and any stage rigging that is necessitated by the script and production design.
To apply, send resumes to Terri Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28, 2013. Final candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual violence policy may be accessed at:http://www.iwu.edu/judicial/handbook/SexualHarassment.html
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence