Institutional Review Board
Helpful Hints in Preparing an IRB Proposal.
- Complete an IRB Application Form.
- Include all forms and documents in one single word document including:
• the Informed Consent Form – prepared using the Informed Consent Template (.rtf)
• copies of all questionnaires and data collection instruments, and
• any other supporting documentation.
- Attach the completed IRB form and the single word document to an e-mail and send to email@example.com
- Note that student proposals must be submitted through a faculty member who agrees to supervise the research. Applications without a faculty sponsor will not be reviewed.
Overview of Proposal Submission Process:
- Researcher prepares proposal (using IRB Application Form).
- Researcher e-mails the IRB Application Form and all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The proposal and all documents are received by the IRB Chair who decides on the type of review required. The Chair will also determine if the proposal qualifies as exempt.
- Researcher may be asked for more information throughout process or to revise proposal.
- The IRB seeks to be as timely and responsive to review requests as possible. The IRB needs at least two weeks for a Full review of a proposal. See the IRB Meeting Schedule and Proposal Deadlines page.