A minimum of 10 course units in History to include:
1) History 290: Seminar in the Theory and Writing of History
2) History 490: Senior Research Seminar
3) One course in pre-1800 history
4) One 100-level course in each of 3 geographical areas: U.S., Europe, and Asia/Latin America
5) At least three more courses at the 300-level or above.
*Only one unit of History 397 may count toward the major.
Six course units to include:
1) at least two course units selected at the 100-200 level*
2) at least three courses at the 300-level or above*
*History 250, 397, and 450 may not count toward the minor.