How to apply for Federal Nursing Student Loan
** This is required only if the Federal Nursing Student Loan is awarded as part of your financial aid proposal.**
The Federal Nursing Student Loan is a federal loan that functions similar to a Federal Perkins Loan. To ensure the processing of your Federal Nursing Student Loan, each year the following items are required and must be completed online:
1. Accept the Federal Nursing Student Loan - this can be done either online through your MyIWU account, or by returning a signed copy of your award notice to the Financial Aid Office.
2. Master Promissory Note - a document completed that serves as the application for the loan.
3. Private Loan Approval Disclosure - a document that is viewed online, giving you in depth information on the loan awarded for the academic year.
4. Private Loan Self-Certification Form - a document completed online that certifies your enrollment and cost of attendance information.
5. Final Private Loan Disclosure - a document that is viewed online, giving you another look at the information on the loan awarded for the academic year with the option of canceling the loan.
To complete or check on the status of the above requirements,
documents for the 2014-2015 school year will not be available for completion until after August 1.
6. In addition to the requirements above, only first time borrowers must complete the Entrance Counseling.