1. Spend 5 minutes telling me about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses, and how are you handling them?
4. What are you looking for in a job?
5. How did you choose your academic major and why?
6. Do you plan to continue your education?
7. What benefits did you get out of your extracurricular activities?
8. How did your college career prepare you for this type of work?
9. Have you had previous employment in this field?
10. Do you prefer to work by yourself or with others?
11. What are your long-term goals?
12. What makes you the best candidate for this position?
13. What do you expect to be doing five years from now?
14. What is your greatest accomplishment?
15. Would you describe yourself as creative? Why?
16. What is your leadership style?
17. What is the most difficult decision you’ve ever made? How did you make it?
18. How do you think a friend (professor) would describe you?
19. What would you look for in hiring someone for this position?
20. How do you feel about relocation?
21. Why do you want to work for our company?
22. How do you work under pressure?
23. In what ways can you make a contribution to our company?
24. How do you feel about job-related travel?
25. What do you do with your leisure time?
26. What was the last book you read?
27. How did your internship help to prepare you for a career opportunity in this field?
28. Why should we hire you?
1. What are the three top goals you’ve set for this position for the coming year?
2. What are the biggest challenges I’ll face in this position?
3. To whom will I be reporting?
4. Can you describe the training program in greater detail?
5. How does this position fit in with the company’s long-term plans?
6. What is the typical career path for someone in this job?
7. How will the success of the person in the position be measured?
8. What is your management philosophy?
9. What particular projects/initiatives is your department focusing on this year?
10. How would you describe your ideal employees?
11. How would you describe the culture here?
12. Are there reservations you have about my fit for this position? (This allows you the chance to address any
doubts they may have.)
13. When do you anticipate making a hiring decision?