The Hart Career Center is dedicated to assisting students with their career goals. We know that families play a large role in influencing a student’s career decision-making, positive adjustment to college, development of self-confidence and autonomy. We are excited to partner with you as your student learns, grows and decides on a career path to follow.
The Hart Career Center provides 4 main areas of support for students at IWU:
What can you do to support your child?
- Help identify strengths & passions
- Encourage student to explore through:
- Introductory courses
- Job shadowing or informational interviews
- Career Center meetings or programs
- Involvement in campus groups, volunteering or internships
Successful students tend to:
- Get “Practical!”
- Visit Early and often
- Take advantage of networking opportunities
- Practice and develop interviewing skills
How can you help support other Illinois Wesleyan students?
- Support campus involvement balanced with academic achievement
- Emphasize internships and volunteering
- Activate and share your network (Are you LinkedIn?)
- Help them think widely about options, and…
- Encourage students to visit the Career Center early and often!
Meet our staff
- Determine Career possibilities
- Explore internship opportunities
- Develop resume & cover letters
- Participate in practice interviews